Blackburn vs Wigan will be huge says Kean
Published 22:30 12/04/12 By David McDonnell
Steve Kean has revealed talks regarding Blackburn's future are on hold until their Premier League fate has been decided.
Two members of the Venky's group that owns Rovers were at Ewood Park on Tuesday - for the first time in four months - to watch them lose 3-2 to Liverpool via a goal in injury time.
Although Kean held talks with the pair, he admitted no discussions over the club's future will take place until they know what division they are going to be playing in next season.
"We had a board meeting that had been scheduled for three months," said Kean. "What we've always felt is that it was right to wait and get the points sorted out.
"Then we can decide who's going to be coming in and who's going out. But we need to concentrate on the remaining games and getting the points required.
"Then, at the end of the season, we can sit down and have discussions about budgets, who we can bring in and who will be going out."
Rovers are at Swansea on Saturday, and have to go to Chelsea and Tottenham as well as hosting Norwich and, perhaps crucially, fellow strugglers Wigan as they battle for survival.
"We feel we can get something from Swansea this weekend," added Kean.
"The two home games, as well as away at Swansea, are the ones where we will be looking to pick up most of our points. The other two, Chelsea and Tottenham, will be tough games.
"The one against Wigan is looking like a really big one.
"The TV people have already realised that, which is why they've made it a Monday night game.
"It's going to be huge."