Mario Balotelli involved in car accident
Published 18:29 05/04/12 By MirrorFootball
Manchester City striker Mario Balotelli has been involved in a car accident.
The two-vehicle smash, said to involve the player's Bentley and a Vauxhall Corsa, happened in Manchester city centre.
Local sources say the club have confirmed the 21-year-old had been in a shunt.
Initial indications are that Balotelli was shaken up but uninjured, but that a female passenger in his car was taken to hospital.
A person claiming to be an eyewitness told the Manchester Evening News , "It happened quite fast. The Corsa was doing a U-turn at the time. The Crosa span 360 degrees - it was a hefty bang.
"Mario wound the window down ... a girl was with him and she looked shook up. The driver of the other car was dazed. His car was a mess.
"Paramedics arrived and looked at the man in the car and the girl in Mario's and then the police came down and took statements."
A police spokesman confirmed: "Shortly after 3.15pm on Thursday 5 April 2012, police were called to Medlock Street, Manchester City Centre to reports of a collision between two cars.
"The passenger of one of the cars was taken to hospital for precautionary measures.
"Inquiries are ongoing."
It is unclear whether or not the passenger was Raffaella Fico, Ballotelli's girlfriend.
More on Mario Balotelli:
The Madness of Mario: Top 10 bonkers Balotelli moments