All I want for Christmas is... Lionel Messi? The players Prem fans want their clubs to sign revealed
It's Christmas, and what else is this festive period about if it isn't presents? Yes, you could mention family, love, and even Jesus at a push, but here at MirrorFootball we know how it really is.
So we thought, which player would you like to find under your club Christmas tree? And who better to ask than those dedicated people from all around the country, who dedicate their lives to running a tribute website for your club.
We asked them to name two players; firstly a player they want to join who they could realistically see coming, and secondly a fantasy choice, from any club around the world.
Here are their answers - and feel free to add your own suggestions by leaving a comment below...
Arsenal: Andrew at
1) Realistically I don't see Arsene Wenger signing anyone. Arsene is likely to be Scrooge this Christmas.
2) A dream signing - getting a centre-half for Christmas would be like getting a toaster or something. Even though you need one it's still not exciting. So Lionel Messi. You wouldn't need much wrapping paper either, he's so tiny!
Aston Villa: Stuart Young at
1) Realistically, Moussa Sissoko looks like a possibility as there is rumours he wants to return to the Premier League. He is a player we have lacked at Villa for so long, but I still question whether he could be the one to replace Gareth Barry or James Milner.
2) Dream player would have to be Michael Essien. You did say a dream pick and I like Essien more than any other player on the planet. I long to see Essien in a Villa number 5 shirt!
Birmingham City: Brian at
1) Realistic pick would have to be Robbie Keane.
2) A dream pick for the blues would be Dimitar Berbatov.
Blackpool: John Aspinall at
1) David Nugent, because he's got good experience in the League and he's an ex-hero at Preston North End who are our local rivals, so it would be two fingers up to them.
2) Carlos Puyol, because I think he's the best defender in the world, he gets goals, and Barcelona already play in a tangerine kit!
Bolton: Antony McLoughlin at
1) Realistic pick would be Leeds midfielder Bradley Johnson, swiped from under the noses of Burnley.
2) Emmanuel Adebayor would be a dream pick, that is if Johan Elmander decides to leave.
Chelsea: Chelseadaft at
1) Realistic pick would be Phil Jones of Blackburn. Has already shown ability to be versatile, and looks to me of being similar to John Terry. Would provide Chelsea with good cover options at Centre Back and also in the middle of Midfield.
2) Dream Signing would be Fernando Torres. A natural finisher who so nearly joined us in the Summer. Alongside Didier Drogba, he would form a devastating partnership that would strike fear in Defences throughout the league.
Everton: Simon Paul at
1) The first player most Evertonians would like to find under the Christmas tree would be Landon Donovan. He made such an incredible impact last season and we are crying out for someone with his pace and work ethic on the right again this time around. He's said he'll make a decision on whether he comes back or not when he gets back from his holidays, so we're all keeping our fingers crossed!
2) A dream pick? It'll go against the grain but probably Wayne Rooney - on a free, and with his pay being his tea each matchday rather than any actual money! We desperately need a striker who knows how to score and someone who can knuckle down and work hard for the shirt. Rooney would be that man if he ever came back.
Fulham: Kevin Markey at
1) Realistic choice would be Robbie Keane from Spurs. He's too good to be a squad player that would fit in nicely in the Fulham side and get us up that table!
2) Dream choice would be David Beckham who could follow in the footsteps of Bobby Moore, George Best and Rodney Marsh at the Cottage by ending an eventful career with a flourish!
Liverpool: Matt Ladson at
1) Realistic Signing - Ashley Young: We desperately need some pace and goals from midfield, Young is apparently on the radar and we all know how much Roy loves his English players.
2) Dream Signing - A new manager. Failing that, a forward to support Torres, a replacement for Konchesky or take your pick from Eden Hazard, Arda Turan or Juan Mata please.
Man City: Ric at
1) The player I can realistically see coming is Edin Dzeko
2) The dream pick would be Andreas Iniesta.
Manchester United: Dave Woods at
1) Realistically, I'd like Gareth Bale. Thought we made a bit of a mistake not being in for him when Tottenham signed him and it's definitely looking like a great bit of business for Spurs when they cash in on him.
2) Dream pick would have to be Lionel Messi, he'd pretty much be the first name on any team sheet in the world. Pretty sure he'll be at Barcelona for the rest of his career though.
Newcastle: Kev Fletcher at
1) The "realistic" player would be Liverpool's Glen Johnson. We only have one Premiership quality right-back in Danny Simpson, new signing James Perch has been a massive disapointment. Johnson wouldn't be out of Mike Ashley's financial reach, if our owner thought about the well-being of the playing staff, rather than profit.
2) The "one we could not afford" would be Didier Drogba. Andy Carroll is a fabulous prospect, but he needs someone with international experience to work beside. No disrespect to Shola Ameobi, but I'm sure we could do better. Who better than Drogba?
Stoke City: Dan Buxton at
1) The realistic signing would have to be Jermaine Pennant on a permanent transfer. Has been on loan but is due back in Spain in the New Year and Zaragoza have jumped up the fee, they initially wanted £2m but now want £6m! He adds great balance to the team and is sorely missed when he has been unavailable.
2) Fantasy signing would be Michael Essien. TP is never going to change the way he sets his sides up, we will always have two holding central midfielders and I think Essien is easily the best player in this position in the world so would be the best addition we could have and let us dominate games from the middle of the park.
Sunderland: Adam Capper at
1) Realistic Target - Danny Welbeck (Permanently) - He has proven himself to be of Premier League quality and has taken to SAFC like a duck to water. He is right with the team spirit and is forming great partnerships up front. Bruce is building a young and strong team here and Welbeck fits the bill. It would be a great loss if we couldn't keep him at the end of the deal. We only need to point out players like Richardson, Bardsley and Frazier Campbell to show just how wrong things can go at Man United.
2) Dream Target - Andres Iniesta - We have an incredible crop of strikers but could really use someone like him with world class to feed them. With him pitching in a few goals as well we'd win the league for sure.
Tottenham: Neil Vaughn at
1) Carlos Tevez - A real quality striker who has proven himself in the Premier League. Unhappy at City, could Harry possibily work his magic and get us that world class centre forward partner we need for Defoe?
2) Cristiano Ronaldo - Bale down the left, Ronaldo down the right. Would there be possibly a better attacking wing pairing than those two?
WBA: Iain Bate at
1) Realistic: We really need another striker with Premier League quality. Somebody who is strong and pacy would be ideal. Although we don't really have any money to spend and our chairman prefers loan deals at this stage of the season. Nicolas Bendtner from Arsenal maybe worth enquiring about!
2) Unrealistic: I suppose that everybody would like to see Lionel Messi in their starting XI - although we've got Jerome Thomas, so he'd struggle to get in the side on the left. The one player I'd really like to see wearing the Blue and White stripes would be Didier Drogba though. He'd fit our style of play perfectly; and when on song, is the best striker in the division.
West Ham: John Curle at
1) Realistic pick is Yossi Benayoun. A bit part player at Liverpool and Chelsea. We never replaced him after he left for Anfield three years ago. We need a play-maker and he fits the bill. Still a top class player, even at the age of 30. Come back Yossi .. all is forgiven.
2) Dream pick is Yaya Toure. Amazing physique, amazing control, amazing ability. The complete midfielder. Forget Scott Parker, this bloke is the business. Perhaps we can offer him £500 quid a week plus a free plate of pie and mash. Well, he might come! If not .. it must be the god Tevez.
Wigan: Bernard Ramsdale at
1) Shaun Wright-Phillips. Most Wigan Athletic supporters have given up believing that Charles N'Zogbia will be a Latics player after January. Shaun would be an ideal replacement, even if in just a loan capacity.
2) Carlos Tevez. Despite all the perceived/alleged problems that he can give a manager, he is one of the best and hardest working strikers in the world and scoring goals is what the Premier League is all about.
Wolves: Gavin at
1) For Wolves I’d like to have Joleon Lescott back to stop the goals we keep conceding.
2) Dimitar Berbatov to score some for us as he’s the top goal scorer in the Premiership at the moment!!
Which players would you like for Christmas? Let us know by leaving a comment below...