Who the hell is Zhano Ananidze? 10 things you need to know about Liverpool and Arsenal's teenage transfer target
Liverpool and Arsenal are tracking Spartak Moscow's 17-year-old wonderkid, Zhano Ananidze, the teen star who has been dubbed the new Georgi Kinkladze.
But just who is he? MirrorFootball's Tim Bailey fills in the blanks...
1) Ananidze was born on October 10, 1992 in Kobuleti, Georgia.
2) He signed for his first club, Dinamo Tblisi, when he was 12. He then spent six months at Dynamo Kiev, before moving to Spartak Moscow.
3) Ananidze made the step up from the juniors to the seniors after he impressed by scoring four goals in 12 matches for his age group side. He was invited to go on tour to Austria with the first team last year.
4) He made his much anticipated debut for Spartak earlier in August this year against FC Krylia. Watch him in action here .
5) Eight days after his 17th birthday, Ananidze netted his first goal for Spartak - making him the youngest player to score in the Russian Premier League - when he headed home against Lokomotiv Moscow.
6) So far this season he has made six appearances in the senior team and has managed to score a few goals. Here he is coolly finishing against FC Krasnodar .
7) He became Georgia's youngest ever international when he made his debut at 17, in a World Cup qualifier against Italy last month.
8) Although a number of teams are tracking him, Spartak sporting director Dmitri Popov insists the club will not sell the 5ft 6in pocket dynamo until he is in his 20s.
9) True to his word, Popov awarded Ananidze a new contract that keeps him at Spartak until 2014, when he will be 22. "We haven't received formal offers and we don't intend to consider them for the next three or four years," said Popov.
10) But Spartak face a real fight to keep hold of their crown jewel. As well as Arsenal and Liverpool, Manchester City, Mancherster United, Juventus, AC Milan, and Sevilla have all been linked with the teenage star.